Thursday, December 13, 2012

Crawling Cutie




Once baby crawls there is no turning back. 
Baby goes and you hear squeals then a whack.         
I go one hand one foot and then the next.         
Mom cannot turn her head or send a text 
Or I'm chewing something that I should not,     
Banging the curio or kitchen pot.
Toes curl and hands clap as I make my way;     
Eyes brighten as I grunt crawling all day.
If Mom walks away she tells me don’t move;
I don’t listen and follow my groove.    
I crawl at lightning speed under the chair     
Making sure she follows me everywhere,   
Pulling up on the table and each edge           
Mom watches carefully - her safety pledge.        
I crawl around – exploring on the go       
Taking all in as Mom says yes or no. 
         As I try to find my way all around    
Moving quickly with my 18 pounds. 
Mom is so proud of my rapid motion 
But wasn’t ready for the commotion.          
She keeps it safe; listens for my click clack.
I'm on the move after every knick knack.
Careful what you wish for – it makes Mom fear    
The next stage of walking coming this year. 
The cutest thing to admire and see:   
Small steps for baby; big deal for Mommy.

No comments:

Post a Comment