Monday, January 14, 2013

Food Fight


Eating is like an adventure in fun
I play and throw my food on everyone
First it was cereal then potato
Next it was green beans and then tomato
I liked it all but made a big fat mess
From my hands to feet; from my head to chest.
I tried avocado-- it was a bust
Oatmeal’s a yummy in tummy must
Not so sure about these green kiwi yet
But yellow bananas are a sure bet.
Vegetable, fruit, or grain is a fun game
But to me some things just all taste the same.
I submerge my ten fingers in it all
I squeal as I spread it and have a ball.
My bib is covered in food residue;
My body is covered all in it too.
To the tub I go when the meal is complete
A bath is also for my high chair seat
I wonder how much is in my tummy
And how much more food will be yummy?
This is all so new this learning to eat
I haven’t a clue; but it’s a good treat.
I look like a natural disaster
And in the end I fill Mom with laughter
We love each meal time and its aftermath
When baby and kitchen all get a bath!

No comments:

Post a Comment